Top Wines That You Must Taste
Wine is judged primarily at two facets, firstly the quality of the wine or its level of sweetness and secondly the origin of the wine.
Wine is all about the experience! Most of the times a good wine expresses a sense of place. As per experts, a good wine is all about the balance. The quality of the wine can’t be judged by its price. At times the ridiculously expensive wine might just disappoint you while at other time give you a lifetime experience.
If you are looking forward to wine tasting and wants to know the top wines that you must taste, read below:
- German Riesling: You can find a wide array of wines from German Riesling that range from dry to very sweet. As these wines are made of white-wine grapes that are cultivated for more than 500 years, they are characterized by high natural acidity and fruit concentration. The German Riesling wines also have the amazing ageing ability. If stored well these can last up to a century. Another characteristic that makes this hot wine favorite is its aroma. Riesling wine is very versatile and complements the seafood entrees with sausage dishes to hot Asian cuisine. Top three bottles that are highly recommended are:
- Dönnhoff Riesling Dellchen GG 2013
- Silberlack Riesling Trocken Grosses Gewachs 2015
- Mosel Alte Reben Riesling 2015
- Oregon Pinot Noir: These wines are a perfect balance of New-World and Old-World style. They have fruit and have earthy notes. It gets the fruity flavor from jammy pinots of California and earthy pinots from Burgundy, the ancestral home of grapes in France. These wines have refreshing acidity and can be best enjoyed with salmon. Top three bottles that are highly recommended are:
- Montinore Estate Willamette Valley Pinot Noir 2014
- Big Table Farm Willamette Valley Pinot Noir 2014
- Maysara McMinnville Pinot Noir 3 Degrees 2014
- Ribera del Duero: These wines are made of Tempranillo grapes and thanks to the warmer climate and strong sunlight, the wine is powerful and darker than the Rioja wines. These wines are complex and fruited which makes them desirable. Top bottles to try are:
- 2014 Emilio Moro Ribera del Duero
- 2014 Tinto Pesquera Crianza
- 2012 Pérez PascuasViña Pedrosa Reserva
- Amarone Della Valpolicella: These wines are produced using a unique method. The Corvina grapes are dried for months in the lofts to make the vintage wine. These fruity wines are layered by the hint of earth, bitter chocolate, honey, ginger, and saffron. Most of the times you will just want to smell these wines instead of drinking them. Some of the must-have wines are:
- Amarone Della Valpolicella Riserva 2007
- Farina Amarone 2007
- Giuseppe Quintarelli
- Syrah: These wines are monumental and have a strong character. These wines are full of black fruits, structure, and flavors of pepper, smoke and exotic spices dominate its taste.
This wine has earned the reputation of heart-smart addition to the diet because of the highest antioxidants in this wine. Some of the Syrah wines that you must try are:
- Salomon Estate Fleurieu Peninsula Syrah Viognier 2011, South Australia
- Oldenburg Vineyards Syrah 2012, Wo Stellenbosch
- Waterkloof Circumstance Syrah 2012, Wo Stellenbosch
These are just a few of the popular wines to try. There are several other highly varied, elegant and tasteful wines to try out.