Amid the chaos of everyday life, it is natural to want to escape to a new world, where you can just sit and relax and gorge your favorite food and flavorful drinks. These days interesting and whacky themed restaurants are becoming hugely popular as they offer people a perfect place to contemplate their lives in a different world.
If you are looking for some weirdest dining experiences in the world here are top weird restaurants that should be on your list:
- Modern Toilet, Taiwan: This is one restaurant where dining and bathroom etiquettes come together. The idea of this weird restaurant was conceived by one of its owners on a toilet. Initially, only chocolate ice cream was sold in squat toilet shaped containers. But with time it emerged as a full-fledged eatery. If the idea interests you, you must visit this restaurant to have a seat at one of the non-working toilets where even the food is served in a toilet-shaped dinnerware. Even the tables are created to look like bathtubs.
- Dinner in the sky: If you have an appetite for high altitude and can manage eating while dangling 150-160 feet above the ground from a then you must plan a visit to this mobile restaurant. Here the guests are hoisted to the crane along with a table, wait staff and everything to help you enjoy a flavorful meal. If you happen to visit this restaurant, don’t forget to try sautéed prawns and ham salad.
- Ithaa Undersea Restaurant: Maldives: It is a beautiful underwater restaurant with the seating capacity of 14 people and is roughly 16 feet below sea level. Encased in the transparent acrylic roof, this restaurant offers a 270-degree panoramic view of beautiful sea creatures swimming in the crystal-clear water of Maldives.
- Dans Le Noir, United Kingdom: How about just using your senses to enjoy the food. This restaurant offers a dining experience in absolute darkness and is hosted and served by visually impaired people. This restaurant will change your perspective of the world and awakens your senses. You can’t even use your mobile phones or watches or flashlight. You can just taste and smell the food by eating it in the dark.
- The Bubble room, Florida: What started as a one-room eatery in 1930-1940, has grown into a themed restaurant that occupies the three stories. This restaurant is decorated using classic toys. The staff here is referred as bubble scouts and wear a crazy hat. The wall space is decorated with classic movie scenes, and there is a moving train on all three floors. It will not be wrong to say that it is always Christmas in the Bubble Room as there is the elf room, all year-round Christmas lights and Father Christmases. The cheerful and vibrant pastel colors add to the sensory delight of this restaurant.
These are not the only weird hotels that should be on your list. Some other worth mentioning are De Kas, Amsterdam, Cat Café, Tokyo and Ninja New York. All these restaurants assure visual delight in addition to the culinary delight.